Sunday, May 25, 2008

Farmers Market Morning



Decided to go to the Hillcrest Farmer's Market this morning. Bought a coffee called Merlot from an exuberant young man who probably had a touch more than his daily recommended allowance of caffeine.


Stood in line for 45 minutes to buy a crepe that people had raved about in reviews of this farmer's market. I didn't mind the wait because it gave me time to look around and get a feel for the place. I got a crepe with bacon, cheese, avocado and an egg. It was $9.00. It was quite good, but I don't know if I would rave about it, or wait in line that long again. I'd rather try something else next time around. There were so many different food booths that had great looking breakfast fare. (Didn't take a picture of the crepe, sorry.)




Ate my crepe and then roamed the aisles. Bought cucumbers that looked like the kind my mother used to grow in our garden. Didn't buy any fruit because I had bought a bunch at Henry's just yesterday. Didn't buy any other vegetables because I am still eating those wildly expensive, prepared meals.


Bought some special goodies for Beth. Lots of jewelry booths but didn't buy any because I HATE trying to pick any out myself. Got a 15 minute massage, mostly neck and shoulders. Felt really good afterwards, especially since this week of work had my neck and shoulders in knots at the end of each day.


Bought some pretty flowers on the way out. I almost didn't get the ones I wanted because I only had a 5 dollar bill left and they cost $6.00. But then I remembered that I had lots of change and so I got the ones I wanted.

No comments: