Saturday, June 18, 2011

Would you like some crackers with that cheese?

 





Walking into the mini-mart to pay cash for my gas. 

Smiling gas station attendant: Hi!  How are you?

Me smiling back: I'm good.  How are you?

Slightly leering gas station attendant:  I'm good now! [looking me up and down]

And let's be clear - I'm wearing baggy, comfortable Saturday pants, a tired old t-shirt, flip flops and my unwashed hair is thrown up in messy bun.  I'm 42 and I ain't no spring chicken.

Amused Me: Thirty dollars on pump number one.

Still smiling gas station attendant: Number one - like you?

I just laughed and walked away.   I bet Cheese-Master Flash is a hit with all the ladies.

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Yeah. But it's still nice to hear.

grasshopper said...

Ms. Moon - true!

Bobby said...

Don't hate the player.....hate the game

Susan said...

Well, well.... still got it! Me too.. at the Dave Matthews Caravan concert I overheard two worldly, weathered gentlemen discussing me.... and checking me out! Such an ego booster... especially when one of them gave me his profile and I got a clear view of his beer belly under his Phillies tshirt. Wow...44 and still got it! XO