Friday, July 10, 2009

My previous post

I have been feeling quite bad about my last post. It feels mean-spirited. I don't like to think of myself that way. I want to think that I am kind and compassionate.

I didn't mean to be mean. It's not that I dislike people. People scare me. Sometimes I don't have the energy or confidence or something that I need to interact with others.

I could use the magic of my computer to delete the entire post. Pretend it never existed and erase all evidence of my misanthropic tendencies.

But I have to face the truth about myself. Sometimes it's a struggle to be kind and open to the world around me. I try, but I need to accept that I can't always do it.

But I'll keep trying.

The Bodhisattva of Infinite Compassion and Mercy,
Avolokitesvara Bodhisattva, in Chinese called
Guanyin.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I don't think yout last post was mean spirited. I think it was HONEST. Plus that woman was horribly annoying. Jeeze. Give yourself a break buddy.

Susan said...

People aren't all they are 'cracked up to be'... your instincts are good... except for me of course... miss you Kathy... Susan